As you plan your visit, please review the following information and important guidelines on shopping the showrooms at the A&D Building.
The A&D Building is open to the public. Some showrooms may be requiring appointments or working during modified hours. Please contact the showroom you plan to visit directly to confirm their hours of operation. You can find a list of contact information and current hours by clicking on the showroom names here.
In order to best manage your safety and follow social distancing guidelines, you are required to enter the building through the entrance on 58th Street between Lexington Avenue and 3rd Avenue. You will need to exit the building using doors on 3rd Avenue.
Guidelines for shopping the A&D Building:
Masks and Face Coverings
- Masks or face coverings must be worn in all common areas; including, but not limited to, lobby, elevators, stairways, hallways, washrooms, and food hall.
- Masks will be offered at the front desk for anyone entering the building without appropriate coverage.
- All showroom partners and their clients should continue to follow government guidelines on masks/face coverings during appointments.
- We ask that you practice social distancing of at least 6’ distance from others in all common areas and in showrooms.
- Gatherings of any kind are not permitted in the building
- All elevators are running on normal service. The new capacity per cab is 3 passengers maximum.
- Should our policy include thermal cameras, there will be two temperature stations at the entrance to the building on 58th Street.
- Signage throughout the lobby and on each floor will direct you to the method used to ensure appropriate safety and social distancing.
- One person will be allowed in the public restrooms at a time.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided in the lobby and on each floor.
- We are committed to providing our showrooms and guests with a clean and healthy environment and will continue to follow CDC cleaning guidelines for common areas.
- We will continue to maintain our enhanced and aggressive cleaning protocols for all common areas of our building using approved products and protocol from public health agencies.
- We are providing our staff with appropriate personal protective equipment and training them on safe and healthy use of the cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA’s Hazard Communication standards.
- REBNY: rebny.com/content/rebny/en/Coronavirus.html
- BOMA: bomany.org
- CDC: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/
- OSHA: osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.1200
- EPA: epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
- Department of Labor: dol.gov/coronavirus
- ASHRAE: ashrae.org/technical-resources/resources
Make the most out of your visit to the A&D Building
Whether you plan to visit the A&D Building now or in the future, we suggest you first:
- Plan your visit:
Check out the full list of showrooms at the A&D Building.
- Read all about it:
Pick up a copy of 150E58 | The Magazine of the Architects & Designers Building in the building lobby or view a digital copy.
- Need more assistance?
We’re here to help! Contact the A&D Building marketing office for additional assistance.
- Where to find us:
Located between Lexington and Third Avenues, across from the Bloomberg Building and a block away from Bloomingdale’s. How to get here.
- Open to the public:
All showrooms are open to the public Monday—Friday | 9 AM—5 PM; no appointments necessary.
- After hours:
Showrooms may accommodate customers by making appointments after hours and on weekends so feel free to contact showrooms directly by clicking on their showroom page.
- Holiday schedule:
View the hours and holiday schedule for the A&D Building.